Web Site Design
Search Engine Optimisation
Internet Application Development
Call 0114 2211 800
Terms and Conditions
Entering into a Business Relationship with Us
Terms and Conditions
- The Buyer or Client or You: The purchaser of the web site.
- Universi or Us or We: Universi, the Search Engine Optimisation, Internet Marketing and Web Site Development arm of Sigma Systems Limited.
- Standard Web Site Design: Any web site that we have been commissioned to design, implement and host that is of one, three or six web pages in size and is derived from a template.
- Bespoke Web Site Design: Any web site that we have been commissioned to design, implement and host that is not of one, three or six web pages in size.
- Information: all information including, without limitation, text, graphics, photography, published on the Universi website, whether copyright of Universi or a third party.
2 Web Site Design and Hosting
- The Agreement between Universi and the Client will be on these conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- Universi will only commence work on a Standard Web Site Design project after receipt and clearance of the non refundable deposit equal to the sum of thirty three percent of the project value. The second payment of the sum equal to thirty three percent of the project value is to be made at proofing stage and the final payment of thirty four percent of the project value is to be made one month later.
- All payments are fourteen days net. Late payments will attract interest at the rate of three percent above the base rate at Barclays Bank PLC prevailing at the date the invoice became due.
- Universi reserve the right to decide whether a refund is applicable if requested by the client for any reason. A refund is not guaranteed by Universi but possible providing Universi decide upon this option.
- Universi shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a web site. This will include checking that the web site / idea / business will operate legally within the laws of the United Kingdom.
- Where images used on the web site have been purchased by Us on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the web site only. We are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person or persons copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
- Universi will provide hosting for the web site for twelve months. The twelve months will run from the day the web site goes live. In doing so we will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the client at all times but do not guarantee that the web site hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
- Universi cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affect the Client's business operation, sales or profitability that the Client might claim is a result of a service offered by Universi.
- Where We have been asked to provide search engine optimisation for the Client, We do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- Universi will provide the Client with an expected project completion date for when the web site will be live on the internet if requested. We will endeavour to meet any given deadline but we do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the project by this date.
- The Client is wholly responsible for the provision of the content relating to the business of the Client that is to appear on the web site. This includes all graphics, images, layouts, text, inbound links and outbound links.
- The provision of the content as described in clause 2.11 shall be made within fourteen days of receipt of the deposit. Failure to provide the content by this date shall deem the full and final amount payable within the period described in clause 2.3.
- Universi shall own all design and code of the web site until final payment has been received and cleared in full. Once final payment has been received and cleared in full, the client will own the design and code of the web site.
- All images displayed on the Client's web site will only be used after authorisation by the client and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Us, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Domain names will be registered by Sigma Systems Ltd and also registered to the Sigma Systems Ltd current address.
- Renewal of "hosting" is due on an annual basis. The date of the renewal will be annually from the date the web site went live. We reserve the right to deactivate any web site where the hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge as outlined in clause 2.3.
- Universi has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of the Client's web site. In no way does the textual or image based content of the Client's web site constitute Universi endorsement, or approval of the web site or the material contained within the web site. Universi has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within the Client's web site and is not responsible for the content or performance of the Client's web site or for the Client's transactions with them.
- We are not responsible for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on the servers or individual computers relating to the Client's web site. The Client is soley responsible for any information or files relating to their web site.
- Any changes after approval are subject to an amendment fee of £35 per page to be amended.